DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Production & Automation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2015, 07:19 PM   #3
terrie
Staff

First...what is the difference between "trade paperback" and "mass market paperback"? I think "trade paperback" is usually a bit nicer, perhaps a little bit larger and maybe a wee bit more expensive than "mass market"?

I just checked the US amazon.com and it wil come out in the US first in hardcover (and ugh...kindle) which is usual for books here in the US that are thought to become best sellers with the paperback edition (either trade or mass market) being pub'd a long as a year after the hardcover version is out.

I perfer paperbound myself for the reasons you state but will make do with hardbound if I can't get (or can't wait if it's a new book) paperbound. There are very few authors whose books I can't wait for the paperbound edition--Tana French and George R. R. Martin (and if he doesn't come out with the last of the Song of Ice & Fire series, I don't know what I will do..grrr!!!) are two that come to mind...'-}}

I've never read any Connelly but I've heard great things about Harry Bosch...I should add his books to my book list.

Was it you, Ann, who told me about the Bryant & May series? I started the first book the other day and am a bit nonplussed as to killing off one of the main characters within the first few pages but I suspect I will understand it all by the time I get to the end and...I am enjoying what I've read so far...I love the little funnies...'-}}

Terrie

Last edited by terrie; 08-15-2015 at 11:24 AM. Reason: fix a typo
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote