DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2013, 08:15 AM   #9
Howard Allen

Welcome to the forum!

I know absolutely zilch about MS Publisher, so please excuse me if my reply seems dumb or obviously wrong.

Does Publisher have layers? Can you turn the layers on and off? If so, and if you haven't already tried this, you could put your template image on one layer and your text on another layer, then turn off/hide the template layer before printing. It occurs to me that one possible gotcha with this idea is that the text might rewrap if you move the template to a different layer. If that is indeed the case, you might try--if such a thing is possible--rasterizing the text (convert it to a high resolution image) prior to moving the template to a different layer.

Steve's suggestion of making a white or transparent template object to wrap your text around is a good one, and is something I've done in other programs. (Though ISTR that one of those other programs would refuse to wrap text around transparent or white objects...)

Let us know how you make out. There's more than one way to skin a cat, and we should be able to come up with a solution.

OSX 10.10.5
Howard Allen is offline   Reply With Quote