Andrew B.
Staff

Default More on Adobe Site Breach

Read this:

http://www.graphics.com/article/crea...lude-photoshop

Old 11-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
terrie
Staff

Thanks for that link...very interesting and I hate to say "I told you so" to all those cloud enthusiasts so perhaps a "why am I not surprised" will do just as well...'-}}

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #3
Steve Rindsberg
Staff

+1 and Amen that.

Especially since at the same time as Adobe's mess came to light, I got a "Compromised credit card" notice from my credit union; love the way the CU handled things but I can only assume (and we all know where that gets us, and yes, proximity does not constitute causality and all that, but still ...) that Adobe's at the root of this.

Naturally, it was the card I use for all the recurring payments at various places, so I had to hit every commerce site/web host/whatever that I routinely do business with and change the card info. Luckily, that didn't take near as long as I expected it to.

Then again, maybe it wasn't Adobe's fault, merely coincidence. I haven't bought anything directly from them in years; I'm fairly sure that I'd have used a different card, one that's long been canceled.

www.pptools.com
and stuff
Steve Rindsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
Howard Allen

"(those outside the US can apparently pound sand)". Apparently. I've spent a ton of money on Adobe products over the years, but I never received any notice from Adobe, as the author indicates in a linked, earlier article: "Last week I received, as I'm sure did many of you, an email from Adobe indicating that it had reset the passwords for two of my accounts." The only notice I ever got was from our own Robin Springall (thanks again, Robin--maybe Adobe will send you some money for this service!)

I'm curious: did anyone here get an email about this from Adobe?

OSX 10.10.5
Howard Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
Hugh Wyn Griffith

"Last week I received, as I'm sure did many of you, an email from Adobe indicating that it had reset the passwords for two of my accounts."
And if you did let's hope it was in fact from Adobe since messages like that are a standard hackers' way of getting to know your new password since you are asked to verify ........

Hugh
Hugh Wyn Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
annc
Sysop

Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Allen View Post
I'm curious: did anyone here get an email about this from Adobe?
Like you, I've spent a lot of money on Adobe products over the years, but I never hear from them either.

I'm in the process of changing my email address (it's going to take months, if not years!) and tried to let Adobe know by logging into my account, having been caught out in the past when they wouldn't do business with me at all until I resurrected an old, discontinued one. Well, if I ever considered using Flash, that experience would have changed my mind. It took me two days to complete the online conversation with their servers, and I only found out I'd been successful when, totally frustrated, I tried to start the process all over again.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #7
terrie
Staff

Quote:
steve: Naturally, it was the card I use for all the recurring payments at various places, so I had to hit every commerce site/web host/whatever that I routinely do business with and change the card info.
That is the biggest pain to have to do that and then I spent the next few months double checking when I hit each site to make sure the credit card on file is the correct one. My bank sent me a new credit card to replace an existing card which was not due to expire for another year and a half and of course it was the card I used for all my online stuff but at least, I knew the card wasn't compromised.

Terrie
Old 11-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #8
terrie
Staff

Quote:
howard: I'm curious: did anyone here get an email about this from Adobe?
I didn't but it's been eons since I registered anything with them--never bought anything directly from them--although I was on their survey list for quite a long time (haven't received a survey from them for at least a year) and I'm on their notifications list (seminars and stuff like that).

Terrie
Old 11-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #9
terrie
Staff

Quote:
ann: Well, if I ever considered using Flash, that experience would have changed my mind.
I hate Flash! I've turned it off in both my versions of Firefox and only turn it on when absolutely necessary in the one version of FF that I keep current--the new option in FF to just turn it on for a page is really nice. I'm due on Tuesday to participate in some sort of live chat with my bank--for an opinion survey for which I will get paid...'-}}--and the chat will require Flash being turned on...ugh...if I weren't getting paid, I wouldn't do it...

Terrie
Old 11-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #10
Franca
Staff

If I ever had a credit card attached to my Adobe account it's long gone due to previous fraud. I haven't used Photoshop since I got this laptop, and what I have is ancient in computer years. So, for me the whole Adobe deal was pretty much a non-issue but I would be livid if I were more up to date!

Franca is offline   Reply With Quote