DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #11
terrie
Staff

Quote:
cmar606: But if you use IMAP in either eudora or TB you should be able to NOT open an email and drag it to the spam folder and whatever email prodvider will black list it and know to spam it as your imap downloads.
But...I go to the email providers' web-based interface first looking in the Inbox and without opening any emails--just by subject and/or from address--determine if any are spam. If spam, checkmark them and click on the "Spam" button so they are moved to the spambox. I then check the spambox for any legitimate mail--again, I don't open the email and I checkmark and move to Inbox--and then checkmark the remaining in the spambox and delete all of them. I don't open any emails in the mail provider's web-based interface. If I want to look at an email in the mail provider's web-based interface, I right-click and choose View Source which just shows the ascii format/code.

Sooo...to actually read and respond to email, I use either TB or Eudora (depends on the account). I do have one email account which is in TB that is IMAP but I only use the IMAP Inbox in TB for that account. I save emails to local folders and my Trash is also a local folder so only my Inbox (which I keep pretty tidy) is "shared"--TB and web.

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote