DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Hardware & Gadgets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
John Spragens

Default i1 Display - is it failing?

Does anybody else here have the original i1 Display? Or any information on what's likely to happen when the device itself starts to fail?

In my most recent round of calibrations, I wasn't able to get very satisfying results, and the results when I tried the Advanced calibration routine were particularly bizarre. I tried to set a 6500K white point, but I was consistently getting a very pink result on two different monitors.

When I used the Easy calibration routine, I was able to get better results, but they seem off compared to what I was getting last year. (Yes, it's been a while since I did fresh calibrations, and no, I didn't make notes of what the hardware settings were in the two monitors before I started, so I can't just go back to the old profiles.)

I'd think that if the i1 puck itself were failing or had a dirty window or something of the sort, I'd get equally screwy results with the Advanced and Easy calibration routines. But it seems equally unlikely that the i1 Match software would have rotted just sitting on the computer for several months.

If it is time for hardware replacement, does anyone have experience with the current model -- the i1 Display Pro? Any impressions?

www.enigmaterial.com

Last edited by John Spragens; 10-14-2012 at 02:28 PM.
John Spragens is offline   Reply With Quote