DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Old 07-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #11
ktinkel
Founding Sysop

Location: In Connecticut, on the Housatonic River near its mouth at Long Island Sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
I looked up my download notes - I got it from the official download page - but you need to scroll down a bit to "Contributed/Unofficial KeePass Ports" or "Contributed/Unofficial KeePass Packages" (I've attached a screenshot).

Don't be worried by the "unofficial" part, because all of these downloads are on the official site!
. . .
So they're "unofficial" only in that the original developer cannot check their work (or not all of it) - but it's trusted enough to be on the official download page
Thanks.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #12
Susie

I'm on Version 12, which I assume is the latest. It was an utility add on for a calendar and to do list. It's not that important other than being frustrating because it wouldn't load. I didn't notice any wording as to which version it would work with. I'll go back and look at that.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #13
terrie
Staff

Susie if you let me know specifically which one it, I'll try it too. You need to search for a type/category of add-on to see the "works with" notice on the left side of the screen...

By the way...was it a desktop add-on or a mobile one...since I don't have a cell phone, I've never used anything but the desktop add-ons...

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #14
Susie

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie View Post
Susie if you let me know specifically which one it, I'll try it too. You need to search for a type/category of add-on to see the "works with" notice on the left side of the screen...
It's Total Toolbox, in the Utilities Section. I assume it's for Firefox, but I didn't know they had phone apps there too. Here is the link

Old 07-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #15
terrie
Staff

Quote:
susie: It's Total Toolbox, in the Utilities Section.
While that may be an add-on that works in Firefox, it is not a Firefox add-on--an official add-on via Mozilla's Firefox Add-on page. The link in your post sent me to conduit which I know nothing about--I don't care for the fact that there is no spec info on/about the add-on with no info as to which browsers it works with...

How did you find it? I couldn't find it--by name--using mozilla's add-on search...

Terrie
Old 07-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #16
Susie

Quote:
How did you find it? I couldn't find it--by name--using mozilla's add-on search...
I got to it via a button on my toolbar. Apparently it is something that was added, and I'm not sure how, but it definitely doesn't work with FF. I checked add-ons here at work today, and it definitley is not among the offerings I find here. I'll hunt down where that button came from and get it out of my way.

Thanks for checking Terrie.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #17
terrie
Staff

Quote:
susie: I got to it via a button on my toolbar.
Ahhh...one of those...'-}}

When I cleaned up one of my sisters' laptops for her, there were soooo many toolbars that had somehow been added (we won't talk about who did that to herself...'-}}) that my sister had taken to putting shortcuts on her desktop (what a MESS!!) to avoid opening IE (ugh!). It took me ages to get rid of all that crap and reenforced my opinion that there is no added browser toolbar that is worth adding...'-}}

>>I'll hunt down where that button came from and get it out of my way.

Hope you can find the source...some of those toolbars are very, very tricky to get rid of...check RevoUninstaller (I think you have that?) because if you are lucky it will show up there and you can get rid of it more easily...

>>Thanks for checking Terrie.

You're welcome...let me know how it goes...

Terrie
Old 07-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #18
Susie

Quote:
It took me ages to get rid of all that crap and reenforced my opinion that there is no added browser toolbar that is worth adding...'-}}
I do agree with you. And why is it that everytime I install software, it insists that I install a Google toolbar. Why can't they leave that unchecked and let me decided whether to check it or not.

Quote:
Hope you can find the source...some of those toolbars are very, very tricky to get rid of...check RevoUninstaller (I think you have that?) because if you are lucky it will show up there and you can get rid of it more easily...
Yes, I do. It sure comes in handy for rooting out things that I don't want. I don't want anyone but me installing software on my computer.

Last edited by ktinkel; 07-28-2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: fix quote
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #19
terrie
Staff

Quote:
susie: I don't want anyone but me installing software on my computer.
YES!!! Me toooo!!! I hate those sneaky little add-on pieces of crapola...'-}}

Terrie