DTP


 
Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web


Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > General Publishing Topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2005, 12:05 PM   #1
imatt
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leeds
Posts: 163
Default Remember when...

...I started a thread asking if I could order Adobe CS2 from N.America at a lower cost, and use it here in UK?

Guess wot? I did it!! It installed 1st time and I'm using it right now...!!!

This only works of course if you've a freind or reletive (in this case my sister) who lives in the right country, and they can ship it over to you.
imatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 12:42 PM   #2
Michael Rowley
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ipswich (the one in England)
Posts: 5,105
Default

Ian:

This only works of course if you've a friend or relative . . . who lives in the right country

My daughter in Toronto might be ordering an upgrade for Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro shortly then!

   
__________________
Michael
Michael Rowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 12:46 PM   #3
imatt
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leeds
Posts: 163
Default

Mike,

I'd say why not! Go for it. No laws are being broken, even though it may not be in the spirit of the law...well Adobe's law at least.
imatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 02:03 PM   #4
annc
Sysop
 
annc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea
Posts: 4,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatt
...I started a thread asking if I could order Adobe CS2 from N.America at a lower cost, and use it here in UK?

Guess wot? I did it!! It installed 1st time and I'm using it right now...!!!

This only works of course if you've a freind or reletive (in this case my sister) who lives in the right country, and they can ship it over to you.
Were you able to do it as an upgrade, and did you then register it under your existing Adobe account?

   
__________________
annc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #5
imatt
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leeds
Posts: 163
Default

I bought it as a straight upgrade and registered online....no probs apparnatly. And to think, the Adobe rep I spoke to told me there'd be problems. What tosh!!! Maybe I've started something here....
imatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 03:45 PM   #6
annc
Sysop
 
annc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea
Posts: 4,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatt
I bought it as a straight upgrade and registered online....no probs apparnatly. And to think, the Adobe rep I spoke to told me there'd be problems. What tosh!!! Maybe I've started something here....
Hmm, sounds interesting. I might end up calling on a friend in the US at some stage...

   
__________________
annc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 01:40 PM   #7
terrie
Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 8,948
Default

>>imatt: Guess wot? I did it!! It installed 1st time and I'm using it right now...!!!

I remember reading your post and I guess I must have gotten sidetracked and not replied that a couple of years ago, I did this for a friend in the UK (I'm in the States)...as I remember it, the best price was at amazon.com and my friend "gave" me an amazon.com gift certificate for the proper amount and I bought the Photoshop upgrade (might have been PS7) using the gift certificate.

Then I mailed him just the cd--not too pricey to airmail that to the UK and later sent the book and cardboard package via surface mail...

Worked out just fine...

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 02:19 PM   #8
Franca
Staff
 
Franca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Monterey Bay area, CA
Posts: 2,203
Default

Quote:
as I remember it, the best price was at amazon.com and my friend "gave" me an amazon.com gift certificate for the proper amount and I bought the Photoshop upgrade (might have been PS7) using the gift certificate.
Very clever! I'll have to keep that in mind.

   
__________________
..
..Franca

..
Franca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 02:39 PM   #9
imatt
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leeds
Posts: 163
Default

If more of us did this at this side of the Atlantic, Adobe and the rest may, just may bring thier prices more in line with N.America.
imatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 02:41 PM   #10
terrie
Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 8,948
Default

>>imatt: If more of us did this at this side of the Atlantic, Adobe and the rest may, just may bring thier prices more in line with N.America.

Either that or they'll find some way to muck it up...'-}}

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Remember Rembrandt? 400 this year! iamback The Corner Pub 4 01-28-2006 06:19 AM
New URL, easier to type & remember ktinkel How to Use the Forum 15 09-17-2005 01:25 PM
Remember Carousel? (think 1991) ktinkel Print Production & Automation 10 03-11-2005 11:45 AM
Remember Envoy? Robin Springall Print Production & Automation 10 02-21-2005 04:19 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Contents copyright 2004–2014 Desktop Publishing Forum and its members.