DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > General Publishing Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
annc
Sysop

Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktinkel View Post
Anyway, I was happy, then went to dinner and to bed. And woke up to network errors again. If I shut down, unplug things, then restart it runs for a while, but a long pause kills it.

Turns out my Airport is old and loses signals. Today it has been good all day.
I had the same problem when my Gen 1 Time Capsule was on its way out. It had always been slow and hot, and I was wary of getting another one, but the reviews of the Gen4 TC were almost uniformly good, so I took the plunge, and absolutely love it. It backs up in seconds, runs as cool as a cucumber, and is just totally unobtrusive. I was worried at first that it wasn't backing up, because I never noticed any performance hits, and never saw the little turning circle in the title bar, but a check of the Time Machine app seemed to indicate that it was. I eventually caught it at it and haven't bothered to check up on it since. I can heartily recommend this one.