DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
Howard Allen

Never heard of it. And I'm not alone: the first 6 pages of hits on Google (I gave up after that) all pertain to a game called Wordix. I checked an old version of MacLink Plus Translators I've got, and Wordix isn't listed as a translation option.

Assuming you've got the files in a modern, readable format, i.e. not on cassette tapes or 8" floppies, and assuming--fingers crossed--that the file format contains some form of ASCII code, you may be able to open them with a general-purpose text editor (BBEdit/TextWrangler are Mac examples, dunno what the Windows equivalents are, sorry), then strip out the formatting code using search-and-replace tools (GREP/Regex). If you were lucky, this would give you the text, but any formatting, images, etc. would be history.

Good luck!

OSX 10.10.5
Howard Allen is offline   Reply With Quote