DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Hardware & Gadgets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
Franca
Staff

Mine is a Motorola Droid, deemed at the time to be one of the two best out there. Who knows what's best now ... several months is an eon in the life of a cell phone!

I don't remember any good video comparisons when I was shopping but there were some very informative and detailed articles out there. One of them (I forget which) helped me decide whether or not to bother trying the iPhone. I was considering it in spite of the unfortunate cell service here at home but the feature comparison showed me that more of the things I valued just happened to be better on the Droid.

The pinch zoom is pretty cool. However, I find that if I need the text to reformat to the new zoom level, hitting the +/- is a bit more reliable.

The glass screen really is glass, supposedly something called "Gorilla Glass", and it's very easy to wipe the finger smears off of it. It hasn't scratched or become permanently marred in any way.

I don't use the pull-out physical keyboard nearly as much as I thought I would but I am still very glad it's there. It does editing of existing text better than the touch screen keyboards. (And, FYI, there are keyboard apps that are much better than the stock Android keyboard, should you end up getting a Droid.)

Ah, am watching the video you posted and the Droid X keyboard is much improved over the native keyboard on my Droid. They also vastly improved the storage on the Droid X.

Last edited by Franca; 09-22-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Additions
Franca is offline   Reply With Quote