DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Production & Automation

Old 05-11-2005, 05:17 AM   #1
Richard Hunt

Default Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.0

I'm using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.0 to create some PDF forms for a customer. The idea is to have forms which can be downloaded and then filled in on screen, then printed using a print form button, rather than having to download a and print a PDF and complete it by hand. Should reduce errors.
Anyway. I'm finding the product fairly easy to use, but the screen redraw is driving me nuts - every time you return from PDF prvies to deign view, something goes missing. Anyone else tried this program and have similar trouble?

Richard
Richard Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 06:41 PM   #2
Andrew B.
Staff

We just installed Acrobat 7 Professional, and a couple of us will be looking at LiveCycle soon. I'm just not sure how soon. But if you have a form you would like me to test, I'll test it.

BTW, one of our interests is the PDF feature where the user fills out the form, pushes the button, and it gets emailed to the right place. Then, at the other end, how to pull data from hundreds of PDF forms, or the companion FDF files that I've yet to learn about.
Andrew B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 01:30 AM   #3
Richard Hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew B.
We just installed Acrobat 7 Professional, and a couple of us will be looking at LiveCycle soon. I'm just not sure how soon. But if you have a form you would like me to test, I'll test it.

BTW, one of our interests is the PDF feature where the user fills out the form, pushes the button, and it gets emailed to the right place. Then, at the other end, how to pull data from hundreds of PDF forms, or the companion FDF files that I've yet to learn about.
Can't send a copy of any form yet - customer confidentiality and all that. Seems to be a thing with all documents created in LiveCycle - perhaps it is just the program arguing with my graphics driver.

These particular forms need printing - they require a physical signature - but if they could be submitted electronically it would be ideal.

Richard
Richard Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote