DTP


 
Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web


Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
terrie
Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 8,947
Default Sharing spaces or do cats really own the world?

Quote:
susie: You obviously have much more storage than I do.
Either that or I have fewer cd/dvds...'-}}

I discovered that the 3 drawer storage thingies I have are no longer being made which is really disappointing because the drawers were exactly the right width for storing cd/dvds with no wasted space, they fit under a table and have wheels. The two I have now are just about full and I was thinking of getting at least one more. Oh well...all good things come to an end...'-}}


>>A year ago, I moved from my big four bedroom house to a much smaller townhome. I had had enough of all the maintenance that goes with a big house.

I can well imagine. I didn't realized you had moved. I've always found it sort of funny that my small one bedroom apt I rented in DC actually had more storage space than my condo here in VA which is a one bedroom and den and my living room and kitchen are 2 to 3 times larger than those rooms in my apt in the city...

Terrie
terrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
Susie
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie View Post
I can well imagine. I didn't realized you had moved. I've always found it sort of funny that my small one bedroom apt I rented in DC actually had more storage space than my condo here in VA which is a one bedroom and den and my living room and kitchen are 2 to 3 times larger than those rooms in my apt in the city...
The only thing I'm not too crazy about in my smaller space (I have plenty of storage and a garage that catches everything) is my kitchen. I can stand in front of the sink and touch each counter with my arms outstretched, and I'm a pretty short person. It's about the size of a small bathroom...

   
__________________
Susie
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
terrie
Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 8,947
Default

Quote:
susie: is my kitchen. I can stand in front of the sink and touch each counter with my arms outstretched, and I'm a pretty short person. It's about the size of a small bathroom...
Sounds like my kitchen in my apt in the city...it was very small...you couldn't really get more than one person it or you wouldn't be able to move...'-}}

Terrie
terrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
Susie
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie View Post
Sounds like my kitchen in my apt in the city...it was very small...you couldn't really get more than one person it or you wouldn't be able to move...'-}}
Mine is a one person kitchen too, but the dogs haven't gotten the message

   
__________________
Susie
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:34 AM   #5
Steve Rindsberg
Staff
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie View Post
Mine is a one person kitchen too, but the dogs haven't gotten the message
<G>

Ours is more spacious, but a couple of the cats herd us into a one-person-kitchen area, sprawl out on the floor and refuse to move. Unless doused. I hate petting wet cats but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

   
__________________
Steve Rindsberg
====================
www.pptfaq.com
www.pptools.com
and stuff
Steve Rindsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #6
Susie
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Rindsberg View Post
Ours is more spacious, but a couple of the cats herd us into a one-person-kitchen area, sprawl out on the floor and refuse to move. Unless doused. I hate petting wet cats but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
My cats aren't nearly so polite. They figure if I'm cooking, they should be up on the cabinet supervising. No matter how many times I shoo them off, they come right back. If that doesn't convince you that cats think of us as their slaves, I don't know what does <G>

   
__________________
Susie
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
Steve Rindsberg
Staff
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie View Post
My cats aren't nearly so polite. They figure if I'm cooking, they should be up on the cabinet supervising. No matter how many times I shoo them off, they come right back. If that doesn't convince you that cats think of us as their slaves, I don't know what does <G>
Of our four, only one's young enough to make the leap to the countertops. He's a terror though. We can't leave anything out with water in it. Dishes, flower vases ... nada. He finds them and knocks them onto the floor. Every. Time.

The way we've had to rig the water bowl is simply absurd. It's a big heavy thing, which doesn't stop him from moving it around (he head-butts it). So it sits on a plastic tray, which catches the overflow from breaking waves. And on the tray, there's also a stoneware bunny figure ... a bit of added weight, else he'd shove the whole mess around the kitchen floor. And down the stairs to the basement if he could manage it. SO entertaining, you know.

   
__________________
Steve Rindsberg
====================
www.pptfaq.com
www.pptools.com
and stuff
Steve Rindsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #8
Bo Aakerstrom
Member
 
Bo Aakerstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Derby,UK
Posts: 1,321
Default

We have one like that. The water bowl is constantly moving around the hallway floor when he's in. He is only a small fella, but very persistent.

Ours knows the consequences of jumping onto the counter tops so they don't. At least not when we can see them...

   
__________________
www.boaakerstrom.com
Behance Portfolio
Bo Aakerstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #9
terrie
Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 8,947
Default

Quote:
steve: The way we've had to rig the water bowl is simply absurd. It's a big heavy thing, which doesn't stop him from moving it around (he head-butts it). So it sits on a plastic tray, which catches the overflow from breaking waves. And on the tray, there's also a stoneware bunny figure ... a bit of added weight, else he'd shove the whole mess around the kitchen floor. And down the stairs to the basement if he could manage it. SO entertaining, you know.
Perhaps he was an otter in a past life? '-}}

Terrie
terrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:04 AM   #10
Steve Rindsberg
Staff
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,742
Default

This one's persistent AND the size of a small puma. 20 pounds, all muscle.

He started off pushing a ceramic bowl down the basement stairs. Hasn't stopped trying for a repeat performance since.

@Terrie
Yeah, well maybe, but he otter stop now.

   
__________________
Steve Rindsberg
====================
www.pptfaq.com
www.pptools.com
and stuff
Steve Rindsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It-alley cats ElyseC The Corner Pub 18 04-11-2008 10:58 AM
Spiders, snakes, geckos, cats … George The Corner Pub 19 11-05-2007 03:10 PM
Sharing changes / Proofreading in html? m_chanoine Web Design 41 06-04-2006 08:01 AM
Laptop networking/drive sharing marlene General Publishing Topics 13 02-09-2006 10:54 PM
USB Printer Sharing dthomsen8 General Publishing Topics 6 12-28-2005 02:14 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Contents copyright 2004–2014 Desktop Publishing Forum and its members.