DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Old 06-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
terrie
Staff

Default Sharing spaces or do cats really own the world?

Quote:
susie: You obviously have much more storage than I do.
Either that or I have fewer cd/dvds...'-}}

I discovered that the 3 drawer storage thingies I have are no longer being made which is really disappointing because the drawers were exactly the right width for storing cd/dvds with no wasted space, they fit under a table and have wheels. The two I have now are just about full and I was thinking of getting at least one more. Oh well...all good things come to an end...'-}}

>>A year ago, I moved from my big four bedroom house to a much smaller townhome. I had had enough of all the maintenance that goes with a big house.

I can well imagine. I didn't realized you had moved. I've always found it sort of funny that my small one bedroom apt I rented in DC actually had more storage space than my condo here in VA which is a one bedroom and den and my living room and kitchen are 2 to 3 times larger than those rooms in my apt in the city...

Terrie
terrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
Susie

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie View Post
I can well imagine. I didn't realized you had moved. I've always found it sort of funny that my small one bedroom apt I rented in DC actually had more storage space than my condo here in VA which is a one bedroom and den and my living room and kitchen are 2 to 3 times larger than those rooms in my apt in the city...
The only thing I'm not too crazy about in my smaller space (I have plenty of storage and a garage that catches everything) is my kitchen. I can stand in front of the sink and touch each counter with my arms outstretched, and I'm a pretty short person. It's about the size of a small bathroom...

Old 06-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
terrie
Staff

Quote:
susie: is my kitchen. I can stand in front of the sink and touch each counter with my arms outstretched, and I'm a pretty short person. It's about the size of a small bathroom...
Sounds like my kitchen in my apt in the city...it was very small...you couldn't really get more than one person it or you wouldn't be able to move...'-}}

Terrie
Old 06-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
Susie

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie View Post
Sounds like my kitchen in my apt in the city...it was very small...you couldn't really get more than one person it or you wouldn't be able to move...'-}}
Mine is a one person kitchen too, but the dogs haven't gotten the message

Old 06-14-2010, 05:34 AM   #5
Steve Rindsberg
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie View Post
Mine is a one person kitchen too, but the dogs haven't gotten the message
<G>

Ours is more spacious, but a couple of the cats herd us into a one-person-kitchen area, sprawl out on the floor and refuse to move. Unless doused. I hate petting wet cats but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

www.pptools.com
and stuff
Steve Rindsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #6
Susie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Rindsberg View Post
Ours is more spacious, but a couple of the cats herd us into a one-person-kitchen area, sprawl out on the floor and refuse to move. Unless doused. I hate petting wet cats but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
My cats aren't nearly so polite. They figure if I'm cooking, they should be up on the cabinet supervising. No matter how many times I shoo them off, they come right back. If that doesn't convince you that cats think of us as their slaves, I don't know what does <G>

Old 06-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
Steve Rindsberg
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie View Post
My cats aren't nearly so polite. They figure if I'm cooking, they should be up on the cabinet supervising. No matter how many times I shoo them off, they come right back. If that doesn't convince you that cats think of us as their slaves, I don't know what does <G>
Of our four, only one's young enough to make the leap to the countertops. He's a terror though. We can't leave anything out with water in it. Dishes, flower vases ... nada. He finds them and knocks them onto the floor. Every. Time.

The way we've had to rig the water bowl is simply absurd. It's a big heavy thing, which doesn't stop him from moving it around (he head-butts it). So it sits on a plastic tray, which catches the overflow from breaking waves. And on the tray, there's also a stoneware bunny figure ... a bit of added weight, else he'd shove the whole mess around the kitchen floor. And down the stairs to the basement if he could manage it. SO entertaining, you know.

www.pptools.com
and stuff
Old 06-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #8
Bo Aakerstrom

We have one like that. The water bowl is constantly moving around the hallway floor when he's in. He is only a small fella, but very persistent.

Ours knows the consequences of jumping onto the counter tops so they don't. At least not when we can see them...

Old 06-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #9
terrie
Staff

Quote:
steve: The way we've had to rig the water bowl is simply absurd. It's a big heavy thing, which doesn't stop him from moving it around (he head-butts it). So it sits on a plastic tray, which catches the overflow from breaking waves. And on the tray, there's also a stoneware bunny figure ... a bit of added weight, else he'd shove the whole mess around the kitchen floor. And down the stairs to the basement if he could manage it. SO entertaining, you know.
Perhaps he was an otter in a past life? '-}}

Terrie
Old 06-15-2010, 06:04 AM   #10
Steve Rindsberg
Staff

This one's persistent AND the size of a small puma. 20 pounds, all muscle.

He started off pushing a ceramic bowl down the basement stairs. Hasn't stopped trying for a repeat performance since.

@Terrie
Yeah, well maybe, but he otter stop now.

www.pptools.com
and stuff