DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Business Matters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #1
Bill Murmann

Default Got my $$$ back!

A while ago, I posted a message complaining about the Gateway Computer Company. I ordered a memory module from them for my Gateway computer. They sent the wrong part and refused to allow me to return it and also refused to refund my money.

After getting nowhere with complaints to Gateway, I contacted my credit card company and disputed the charge. They issued a temporary credit to my account and contacted Gateway regarding the disputed charge.

I found out today that Gateway never responded to the credit-card company's investigation, so consequently a permanent refund was credited to my account.

I got my money back and Gateway came out of it with a black eye. You wonder why a company like Gateway would engage in such counterproductive business practices?

Personally, I doubt that I would ever buy another Gateway computer. What did they think they were gaining from being so hardnosed with one of their customers over an $80 charge? Dummies.

BTW, I'm assuming that I am now free to sell the 256MB memory module that they sent me and refused to allow me to return. (??)

--Bill
Bill Murmann is offline   Reply With Quote