DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Site Building & Maintenance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
Steve Rindsberg
Staff

Default Any Drupal + CiviCRM users here?

A group I volunteer with has just updated their entire web site, or rather is in the process of doing it. Unfortunately, after recommending Drupal + CiviCRM and doing most of the setup with it, the assistant director has just moved on to another job.

There were a few training sessions to get the director and yr hmbl srvnt up to speed on creating content/events, and that seems to be going ok.

But I seem to have inherited the back end of the thing. And know near nothing about it.

The current need is to send email to various membership groups. Other than the fact that it's a web app and I *hate* using web apps, CiviCRM is really quite brilliant. I can set up groups in various ways, select the groups that are to receive the emails and so forth.

It'd all be lovely except the fool thing won't SEND email. And to make it more entertaining, every time it tries and fails, it puts each recipient on "hold" ... meaning that it will no longer attempt to send email to them at all. I've found out how to reset all the "holds" en masse by screaming imprecations at MySQL and am looking for the place in the database where it holds the magic "Put the user on hold after this many failures" number.

Has anyone run into this before? And fixed it? Suggestions welcome.

www.pptools.com
and stuff
Steve Rindsberg is offline   Reply With Quote