Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2009, 12:38 AM   #22
Mike's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Llanwrtyd Wells
Posts: 1,450

Originally Posted by Howard Allen View Post
I presume what you call "plugged extenders" are gizmos that carry the network signal through the AC power lines. I've heard of these, but I don't think they're very common over here.
This is they. If you have a house with 3-foot thick granite walls they're a great way of extending the WiFi network.

Unfortunately they only seem to be available in pairs in the UK which means buying and throwing away the wired adaptor if you want more than one WiFi access point.


Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Contents copyright 2004–2018 Desktop Publishing Forum and its members.