DTP


 
Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web


Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 01:15 AM   #11
Mike
Staff
 
Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Llanwrtyd Wells
Posts: 1,450
Default

£1,581.25 for the full product or £592.25 for an upgrade. That's for a boxed version from the Adobe shop. Oddly the download versions are more expensive.

The US$ equivalents are $2399 and $989.56 as of 16/7/09 at 9:13 am (or should that be 7/16/09?).

   
__________________
Mike

www.welshframing.com
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:35 AM   #12
ktinkel
Founding Sysop
 
ktinkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In Connecticut, on the Housatonic River near its mouth at Long Island Sound.
Posts: 11,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
£1,581.25 for the full product or £592.25 for an upgrade. That's for a boxed version from the Adobe shop. Oddly the download versions are more expensive.

The US$ equivalents are $2399 and $989.56 as of 16/7/09 at 9:13 am (or should that be 7/16/09?).
After the 12th of any month, it doesn’t matter. Before that, though, putting the day first will confuse us yanks — even though it is more logical. I usually write out (or abbreviate) the month, avoiding all ambiguity in international affairs. (Unless, of course, I want to be ambiguous.)

The prices are also high in England, then. Not so cheap here, either, really: $500 (instead of $600). But hard to complain compared to what they want to charge on other continents.

   
__________________
[SIZE=2][COLOR=LemonChiffon]::[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ktinkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #13
Michael Rowley
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ipswich (the one in England)
Posts: 5,105
Default

KT:
Quote:
The prices are also high in England, then
I've received the upgrade version of InDesign 4 today: the box is labelled 'Not for sale in North America'. So that version would appear to be different from the one you would get in the USA etc.

   
__________________
Michael
Michael Rowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #14
Steve Rindsberg
Staff
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktinkel View Post
After the 12th of any month, it doesn’t matter. Before that, though, putting the day first will confuse us yanks — even though it is more logical. I usually write out (or abbreviate) the month, avoiding all ambiguity in international affairs. (Unless, of course, I want to be ambiguous.)

The prices are also high in England, then. Not so cheap here, either, really: $500 (instead of $600). But hard to complain compared to what they want to charge on other continents.
Merely raped rather than raped, burned, pillaged and the ground salted.

Not so bad, really. It's all a matter of perspective, isn't it?

   
__________________
Steve Rindsberg
====================
www.pptfaq.com
www.pptools.com
and stuff
Steve Rindsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #15
ktinkel
Founding Sysop
 
ktinkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In Connecticut, on the Housatonic River near its mouth at Long Island Sound.
Posts: 11,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Rindsberg View Post
Merely raped rather than raped, burned, pillaged and the ground salted.

Not so bad, really. It's all a matter of perspective, isn't it?
Not so long as users can afford to say no.

   
__________________
[SIZE=2][COLOR=LemonChiffon]::[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ktinkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:46 AM   #16
Mike
Staff
 
Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Llanwrtyd Wells
Posts: 1,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rowley View Post
KT:
I've received the upgrade version of InDesign 4 today: the box is labelled 'Not for sale in North America'. So that version would appear to be different from the one you would get in the USA etc.
Well, the box is different.

   
__________________
Mike

www.welshframing.com
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:28 AM   #17
Michael Rowley
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ipswich (the one in England)
Posts: 5,105
Default

Mike:
Quote:
the box is different
Yes; and on the well-known principle that the grass is greener the other side of the fence, I can't help wondering exactly what I'm missing . . .

   
__________________
Michael
Michael Rowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adobe CS4? Robin Springall Software 26 06-18-2008 09:55 AM
Adobe AIR?? ktinkel General Publishing Topics 13 02-27-2008 02:58 PM
Painter X discount for Painter Essentials users Andrew B. Software 0 06-12-2007 04:05 PM
Adobe CS3 pricing DTP Guy General Publishing Topics 21 03-31-2007 03:12 PM
Adobe what????!! ktinkel General Publishing Topics 8 04-13-2006 03:42 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Contents copyright 2004–2014 Desktop Publishing Forum and its members.