DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Site Building & Maintenance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2009, 08:43 AM   #5
iamback

There are text editors that will handle a file of any size, but I'm not sure if any free ones will. Examples are UltraEdit and Boxer -- both Windows shareware so you could download them and try them out.

Since Apache logs are just plain text files with a single line for each entry, another option would be to use a file splitter on it to chop it up in smaller pieces; if a "cut" is in the middle of a line you can simply open both consecutive pieces and cut-and-paste the last bit of the last line between them. There are countless freeware file splitters, even multi-platform ones; see for instance here or here.

iamback is offline   Reply With Quote