Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Design

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2009, 08:08 AM   #5
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 96

Hi Ronald

Here's a way how to do it in Photoshop. Using the Mask facility in layers.

For an example – open an image, drag another image on top of it from another document.

If you look in the layers palette you should see both layers. Click on the top layer to make it active.

Now click the mask icon at the bottom of the layers palette. A little square should appear next to the image in the active layer.

Now click on the gradient tool in the tools palette and then choose solid to transparent in the drop down menu at the top of the page.

Drag your gradient tool across the top image and the bottom image will appear through the now transparent area of the top image.

Hope this answers your question

dogmandouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
G5 '04, Adobe CSPrem, other apps troubles ElyseC General Publishing Topics 23 12-18-2005 03:11 PM
Mayday! Is it possible to add a 100% black gradient to a duotone? marlene Images 3 10-07-2005 03:30 PM
printing via airport troubles (not USB) donat General Publishing Topics 9 04-29-2005 08:58 AM
Making the gradient, redux marlene Print Design 4 03-12-2005 07:24 PM
Making the gradient marlene Print Design 7 02-16-2005 09:09 PM

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Contents copyright 2004–2018 Desktop Publishing Forum and its members.