DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Fonts & Typography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Isses2007

Default TimesNewRomanPS Font

Hi
For many years I have done personal desktop publishing using Adbobe PageMaker version 7.
Although this software is old it suits my purpose well and having bought a new computer rinning the 64 bit version of Visita PageMaker continues to run without problems.
However, I also used the old TimesNewRomanPS font that was provided many years previously with Adobe TypeManager.
That product refuses to install in a 64-bit operating environment and I am currently stuck with using the normal Windows supplied Times New Roman which personally I like less than the TimesNewRomanPS.
In particular the font set name requred appears to be called
MTR_____.PFM and MTR_____.PFB that lived inside a folder called PSFONTS in my C:\ drive
I am well aware that Adobe no longer support TypeManager and its old fonts but can anyone here advise if there is a way of getting those fonts to work in a Vista-64 environment.
Alternatively is there a font available that will load into the usual Windows font folder that will give me the same result.
As all of the DTP work I do is for non-profit purposes I should prefer, if possible, to use a freeware font.
Isses2007 is offline   Reply With Quote