DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Hardware & Gadgets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
Susie

Default Is My Keyboard Haunted?

When I got my new Dell computer a few months ago, I sprang for a new keyboard as my previous keyboard bit the dust. This is a Logitech Keyboard, the Access 600. I love the touch of the keyboard, but everytime I sit down at the keyboard and start typing, pop up menus keep jumping up. In some forums when I reply, it will jump completely out of the reponse window and bring up a message implying that I'm trying to abort the message.

I've searched the controls and cannnot find anything that can be adjusted. I've never had such trouble trying to just plain type, and there are some days when I'm about ready to throw the thing out, except that I don't have an alternative keyboard to fall back on. I've tried it with the F-key mode and without it, and that makes a difference. Does anybody have any suggestions on something I can do to stop this weird behavior? If the air gets any bluer in here, I may be hauled off for obscene language.