DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Hardware & Gadgets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #37
George

Groucho,

No, the owner of that shop wasn't pulling my leg. We became very good friends over many, many years, as we had a number of things in common. He always asked me to explain the Bible to him and many things about American culture. He appreciated how I could understand his Korean culture and how he thought about things. Actually, I have had and still do continue serious relationships with a broad number of immigrants, all nationalities it seems. But I don't just think like an American, for many reasons and due to many life experiences. But I'll admit that good American coffee is better than what foreigners give it credit for...and my wife would say the same thing, though she grew up in two cultures.

And it's amazing how well even a cheap fire box will protect things in an intense fire. I've seen it happen. Most impressive. But maybe, the problem now-a-days is tornadoes or earthquakes. I haven't thought much about them. Wouldn't be good for a tsunami.

George
George is offline   Reply With Quote