Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2008, 01:53 AM   #6
Kelvyn
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthomsen8 View Post
I have been thinking about buying a MP3 music player for travel use.
I have a Sony Video Walkman with 8Gb memory. Which has excellent sound reproduction, IMO better than the iPod Nano - and cheaper, at least in the UK. My main consideration when buying was the sound quality, and this is difficult to test before purchase. The second consideration was battery life, the longer the better. - the Walkman has about 30hrs of music play between charges. I looked at a lot of personal product reviews before making my decision, and, once I came to buy, the Walkman was on half price offer at Amazon.

It comes with really good quality earpieces, not noise cancelling, but I have a pair of those anyway for train & aircraft use. The reproduction of music is not as good with these, though. Also the added option of video is useful even though the screen is 42mm x 32m in size - I have the 1968 Cream farewell concert from the Albert Hall on there at the moment. I can have a lot of photos as well as a couple of hours of video and (currently) over 20 hours of music tracks. Files can be added/removed by simple drag & drop in Windoze explorer.

Getting tracks on mp3 is not difficult at all. Either buy the files for download or rip them from CD or radio. Our local library has a wide range of CDs for rental, each one costing 50 pence (about $1) to borrow, so that opens up another source to me.

Web site design, hosting and marketing, Keswick in the UK Lake District

If you are planning a visit to Keswick then try Keswick Tourist Information website

Kelvyn is offline   Reply With Quote