DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Hardware & Gadgets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #40
terrie
Staff

Quote:
dickm: I think you'll find 700K service much too slow to accomplish system maintenace downloads from Microsoft and other software updates.
Well...that wasn't really the issue but I have been unhappy with the Starter Plan (768/128) speed and thought I might upgrade except when I went to the verizon.com site, the special deal they offered in March for the 3mbps plan wasn't there but since you have to call them to cancel I decided that I'd be very brave--even with my special phone, making phone calls is an anxiety inducing process.

I got transferred 5 times and each time I have to explain that I'm hearing impaired and using a special phone. It really is incredibly appalling that one person can't do what needs to be done. I guess they figure if they make it annoying and complicated that people will just give up but I just get pissed and continue on.

When the 4th person I was transferred to told me that no, I couldn't get the rate that had been on the verizon.com website in March ($19.99/month for the first 6 months and then $29.99/month for months 7-12 with a 1 year contract), I said, fine, cancel my dsl account. Suddenly, there is someone else she can transfer me to.

Soooo...I get transferred to the 5th person and lo and behold, yes, I can get that special rate...'-}}

The entire process took over an hour which is really ridiculous! I'm supposed to be upgraded to 3mbps within 24 hours or so...

We shall see...

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote