DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2008, 01:10 AM   #14
yankeeharp

<<I want to know what happens next...'-}}>>

I think her stuff is pretty interesting, too. When she gets nice rejection letters, a lot of them are hand-written by people who indicate they had read the whole book and enjoyed it, and they say it would make a great screenplay but it needed more depth of character. Personally, I don't think they'd say that if it were written by a man, but there you go.

She says she can't release it to anyone on the net because it would disqualify it from being considered for publication, and she wants to continue to try to publish it, but if and when she gives up on that she will put it on the web and I will let you know then.

What I had wanted to know I realized later was just the information that to send someone to the page, have them click on the link, and to offer them the page as a download tell them to RIGHT-click and choose "save Target As". I'll have to draw my own pretty little picture to go with it. Some pages have download buttons that start pop-up downloads, but that's too complicated for me and ppl with pop-up blockers would have to go the right-click route anyway.

Thanks again for all your help.

Last edited by yankeeharp; 03-30-2008 at 01:40 AM. Reason: ambiguous tense of "read" changed to "had read" to indicate past tense.
yankeeharp is offline   Reply With Quote