DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Site Building & Maintenance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2007, 10:53 PM   #3
marlene
Staff

Okay, I'm convinced. I let the Network Solutions deadline pass, and am now trying to finalize my list of new domains to be registered at GoDaddy.

I was going to register three, but with private registration, it adds up to $47.82. If I register five domains, I get free private registration (they have a special deal), so the total would be $44.75, so I'd actually be getting more domains for less money. If my math is correct.

Of course, if I drag my feet too long, the five-domain special might expire, so I should probably get a move on.

I've decided to finally get a dedicated domain just for my business, but can't decide whether to use my full company name with .com, or an abridged name (the first two words only) with .net.

I hate long, unruly domain names, so I'm inclined to go for the shorter one and live with the .net.

Oh, wait, if I'm getting five domains, I can have both and make up my mind which one to use later. <g>

And I could get a domain with my own full name, but I can't imagine why I'd ever need that.

mxh
marlene is offline   Reply With Quote