DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > General Publishing Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2005, 10:33 AM   #1
ktinkel
Founding Sysop

Location: In Connecticut, on the Housatonic River near its mouth at Long Island Sound.
Default MacSupport forum is closing

According to an announcement posted this morning, the Mac Support forum on CompuServe will close at the end of March.

From forum manager Binky Melnik’s statement:
At the end of this month, this forum, the Mac Support forum, will close. CompuServe sees things going in one way, and I in another way, and so we mutually (and amicably) agreed to call it quits.

I know a lot of you who've felt this was a long time in coming will prolly still feel a knot in your belly reading this (I know *I* do), but when you look at it, we lasted waaaaaaaay longer than we ever thought we would! We sure defied a lot of odds and obstacles. And we managed to do it in spite of a lack of software, cookie problems, and software that doesn't work well for us. We should be really proud of ourselves!
You can read the closing announcement thread at the CIS forum.

Binky has set up Snarkish, an independent web forum that embraces not only Mac issues but pop culture (movies, music, celebrity gossip, etc.). Although pop culture is one of my weak points, I have been enjoying some of the writing there, especially Paul Idol’s preview of the recent Oscar nominations and Ray Offiah’s cranky rant at computer pundits.

Binky has a long history and strong ties to Apple (she once worked there), so she will work to build up Snarkish’s Mac support now that the CIS forum is closing.

Anyway, thought we should announce this, and welcome Snarkish as our neighbor on the web.