DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Introduce Yourself

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
ShelleyWynn

Default Hello from Shelley Wynn

Well, some of you have corresonded with me already and you probably think I'm dazed and confused! Well, not for much longer with all the help I'm finding here. I appreciate all everyone is doing to direct me in the right direction.

I must have been a graphic designer in a past life. Unfortunately, I started this one out by ignoring my natural artistic abilities and ended up in the world of finance. I was good at what I did, but always frustrated. A right-brained person in a left-brained environment! About the only good thing I gained from that long experience was that I met my husband. Throughout my 46 years, I've dabbled in different artistic endeavors, but never pursued them beyond the "just for fun" stage -- until a couple years ago.

I love working with wood, and started creating vintage signs from the period of 1700 - 1900. I've sold some of these in a shop and a few on Ebay. I've recently begun learning to use watercolors, markers, and pen & ink. I want to paint fraktur-style artwork, and would like to design some greeting cards and experiment with other styles of art using photo editing, drawing, and layout programs.

About me:

I grew up in Missouri, obtained a business degree, moved to Tulsa, OK where I met my husband. Over the next few years, we were transferred to San Antonio, then back to Tulsa, then to Phoenix, then back to Tulsa. So here we are! My husband has since started his own at-home investment company, and I'm at home trying to figure out all this Photoshop/printer stuff. We have no children - just our four "kids", Emelie, Angus, Boot, and Bella, which are german shorthair pointers. Life is good!

Shelley
ShelleyWynn is offline   Reply With Quote