DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Introduce Yourself

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
Steve Rindsberg
Staff

Default Shy? Only in person.

I'm Steve Rindsberg, and I came here by way of CompuServe's DTP Forum, which I first discovered o lord has it ... it can't have been ... THAT long ago?

Well, never you mind when. Long, long ago.

At the time, I was a commercial/advertising photographer with a quickly growing computermonkey on his back. Audiovisual production and slide presentation jobs led to graphics software, film recorders. Somehow or other I became a slide service bureau operator with a sideline in writing about presentation and graphics software for a couple magazines. Somehow, and I'm still trying to work out the mechanics, that led to computer programming, where I now live.

I mostly write programs called "add-ins" for PowerPoint (most people call them plug-ins). Sold under the brand PPTools, some of them extend PPT's abilities, some make it more pleasant/efficient to work with, some simply attempt to fix things that just don't work very well in the native program, and some of them are custom-written to do pretty much whatever the customer wants. Specialized reporting, data extraction, color managment, that kind of thing. And other kinds of things.

More info about PPTools add-ins at http://www.pptools.com/

And LOTS of useful PowerPoint information at the PowerPoint FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) site: http://www.pptfaq.com/

www.pptools.com
and stuff
Steve Rindsberg is offline   Reply With Quote