DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Business Matters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2007, 06:02 AM   #6
Bill Murmann

Quote:
The only password I continually forget is my CompuServe one: I have to phone them up and get it reset almost every time I use it!
I recently cancelled my CompuServe account. I had been a dialup member since about 1988. When I was forced to buy a new computer, I also subscribed to a DSL service. CompuServe could not accommodate my new high-speed service, so we had to part company.

Of course, I think CompuServe unfortunately had been going downhill for years after AOL bought it and started treating the service with "benign neglect."

In the early days of my membership, CompuServe emphasized business and research topics, and had a great collection of forums. I still remember CompuServe's monthly magazine that was filled with how-to information.

I realize, of course, that times and things change. But it's too bad that a really good service like the early CompuServe fell by the wayside after being gobbled up by AOL.

BTW, I engaged in a bit of payback to AOL. When I switched to a DSL line, I flatly refused to consider an AOL subscription as part of my Internet service.

--Bill
Bill Murmann is offline   Reply With Quote