DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > How to Use the Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2005, 05:51 PM   #1
JVegVT

Default How can I see posts since my last visit?

I am beyond frustrated with this forum software! I don't get here every day--more like every three days or so. I want to read all messages posted since my last visit. I thought that clicking on Get Posts, New would show me messages I haven't yet read. Today I discovered that's not so.

I was clicking on the little down arrow to the left of a thread title, thinking it would take me to the first message I hadn't read. But that's not what's happening. I've read several threads listed in Get Posts, New today and discovered there were bunches of messages I hadn't read that were passed up when I clicked on the little arrow.

I had suspected this was happening before; today I'm sure.

Also, I have no idea what the display modes mean. I found Threaded Mode very difficult to follow because it seemed to mix new messages with old. What's Hybrid Mode? What's Linear Mode?

So can somebody explain how I can view just the messages I haven't seen since the last time I logged in?

I really don't like this forum software, but maybe if I had a better idea of how to use it I could get used to it.
--Judy M.
JVegVT is offline   Reply With Quote