DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Site Building & Maintenance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2006, 03:36 AM   #8
iamback

Quote:
Originally Posted by annc View Post
We do our own hosting at work, so the raw logs are there. And we have wonderful IT people – the best I've ever worked with. It's just a matter of having the right information at my end to get access to the raw logs, via a program that will provide the stats I need on a daily basis. Nobody, including me, has asked for more information before, so the IT people are currently unaware that I am unhappy with the quality of the reports I'm getting. From my end, I want to be sure that I am asking for the right program to be purchased and installed before I approach them.
Well, if you can get the raw logs, I'd still say Analog (free) complemented with a spreadsheet for more sophisticated trend analysis.

First of all you'll need to determine what timebase you want for your log files, so your IT people can produce the files on that schedule and put them where you, or an analysis program can get at them.

Ask them for a raw log (or several), get Analog, and see what you can get out of it. Or ask the IT people for help in setting up the configurations. It sounds to me like you already have the tools you need...

iamback is offline   Reply With Quote