DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Old 10-26-2006, 06:18 AM   #1
Clayton

Default Thanks To All You Guys...!!

I have been using this forum and its predecessors on Compuserve since what - 1996? 1991?? and I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for helping me in my DTP career.

I don't think I would have lasted nearly as long without that help. Whether Photoshop, Pagemaker, Quark, Corel, Acrobat, I have run into a lot of problems along the way, and without the comments, solutions, help, support, and interest of you, I would still be in the dark ages of DTP.

There are too many of you to name, but you know who you are and I'd hate to list your names and forget somebody.

I would especially like to thank those of you responsible for keeping the forum running. It is the most useful tool I have ever used in my job and the key to obtaining the best results in all the typical DTP applications.

You and your replies, jokes, chatter, wit, and answers have effectively extended my career by at least 11 years and I just want to thank you for your help.
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:08 AM   #2
ktinkel
Founding Sysop

Location: In Connecticut, on the Housatonic River near its mouth at Long Island Sound.

It has been a great pleasure to have you here for all those years! (This December will be our 17th anniversary, in fact.)

A forum like this is as good as its members — thank you for your provocative threads and helpful messages.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
Franca
Staff

Thank you right back, Clayton. It's been no small feat for you and all of the other longtime members to keep track of of the moves and changes over the years, although we've always tried to leave breadcrumbs to follow along the way.

Franca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
terrie
Staff

You're welcome...

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:15 AM   #5
LoisWakeman
Staff

Clayton, I have just this week written to CompuServe customer service to resign my long-time membership. I was pleased as punch with my "lois@compuserve.com" email address, but all I get on it now is spam, and it isn't worth the $10 a month just for vanity.

Like you, I treasured all the help and friendship I had for many years (mostly in INETPUB), but that is all gone now in the drive for 'modernisation' (= dumbing down, advertising, transience): so thanks to KT and everyone for inviting us over here!
LoisWakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:46 AM   #6
djb

That sounds like a farewell speech... You going somewhere?
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:45 PM   #7
annc
Sysop

Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea

Thank you for all your contributions over the years, Clayton. There wouldn't be any point in being here without your pertinent and thoughtful posts.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:29 PM   #8
Steve Rindsberg
Staff

We all watch one another's backs (and jab one another's backsides on occasion ... all part of the fun). Take a bow yourself.

www.pptools.com
and stuff
Steve Rindsberg is offline   Reply With Quote