DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > General Publishing Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2006, 05:54 AM   #1
CarlSeiler

Default Text Editor for Linux

I'm finding I'm doing more text editing on my Linux computer as I want to run a local Apache server to experiment with. I've been using Xfce's editor, "mousepad" as an editor, but I'm finding that it seems to be a bit buggy. It crashes on me when I try to do "Save As..." for example. I'm using Zenwalk Linux which comes with Bluefish, and I find it nice, but under Windows, I'm using Notepad++ as it has a lot of nifty features and isn't web development-specific as Bluefish is. I also like its easy macro recording. Only thing is that Notepad++ seems to be Windows-only. Can anyone recommend a multi-tabbed text editor for Linux that recognizes several languages and has similar features to Notepad++? I'm getting close with Kate, but if anyone has a favorite, let me know.

Thanks,
Carl
CarlSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote