DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Old 02-25-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
terrie
Staff

>>kt: Took him up to the woods up in Marin, got him out of the car to walk into the woods away from the road, and the moment his feet hit the rough ground with pine needles and other natural debris, he jumped, yelped, and grabbed his feet in pain. So she brought him back to Berkeley, and had to find a rescue place to adopt him.

ROFL!!!

Everyone might appreciate this *extremely* funny story of a squirrel and beet pulp (remains of sugar processing that many horse people feed their horses), here's a little bit of it:

"And for those of you that think A Squirrel's Place is In The Wild, don't think we didn't try that...his first Christmas, we thought we'd give him his first lesson in Being a Wild Squirrel by letting him play in the undecorated Christmas tree. His reaction was to shriek in horror, scutter frantically across the floor and go try to hide underneath the nearest border collie. Since then, the only way he will allow himself to be taken outside is hiding inside Mummy's shirt and peering suspiciously out at the sinister world.

So much for the re-make of Born Free in San Dimas. So secure is he about his place in the world that on more than one occasion, I've caught him sitting on his fat, smug little bottom, making faces out the windown at our neighborhood (very frustrated) red-tailed hawk---like as not clutching a cashew in one paw and a bit of mango in the other. "

Read the full version: http://www.shady-acres.com/susan/squirrel.shtml

Terrie

Last edited by terrie; 02-25-2005 at 01:00 PM.
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 01:41 PM   #2
ElyseC
Sysop Emeritus

Hilarious story! San Dimas?? As in San Dimas, CA where we have a whole bunch of friends, where Ben's old daycare was and all just 10 minutes from our old Claremont house? Probably so, because San Dimas is a major horse town, complete with lots of riding trails and it's not uncommon to see a horse being ridden through your average neighborhood there.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:47 PM   #3
ktinkel
Founding Sysop

Location: In Connecticut, on the Housatonic River near its mouth at Long Island Sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie
Everyone might appreciate this *extremely* funny story of a squirrel and beet pulp … Read the full version: http://www.shady-acres.com/susan/squirrel.shtml

Terrie
Very good story. I never heard of anyone harboring a squirrel before. I am quite fond of squirrels, myself, but most people around here consider them to be pests.

I like their antics. Especially not that we really have fixed the bird feeder so they cannot get at it!

Old 02-25-2005, 02:06 PM   #4
terrie
Staff

>>elysec: Hilarious story! San Dimas?? As in San Dimas, CA

I'm sure it's CA...I *love* the story...I laugh everytime I read it...

Terrie
Old 02-25-2005, 02:07 PM   #5
terrie
Staff

>>kt: Very good story. I never heard of anyone harboring a squirrel before. I am quite fond of squirrels, myself, but most people around here consider them to be pests.

This one is so cute...very different looking from our local squirrels...but maybe it's his fat belly...'-}}

Terrie
Old 02-25-2005, 05:00 PM   #6
marlene
Staff

I think squirrels are adorable, but my dogs think they are lunch.

There are a couple of albino squirrels on our block, but so far I haven't been able to get any good photos of them. They are more cautious than the gray squirrels, who will come up to us and beg (if the dogs aren't around!).

mxh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	whitesquirrel.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	63  
marlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:17 PM   #7
terrie
Staff

Albino squirrels! Very interesting...I didn't think albino's lasted very long in the wild...

Terrie
Old 02-26-2005, 04:04 PM   #8
Anne Wright

Default Beet pulp squirrel

Terrie,
Quote:
Read the full version: http://www.shady-acres.com/susan/squirrel.shtml
ROFLMAO!
(And hunting for a source of Depends in my size....)

Anne
Anne Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 04:07 PM   #9
ktinkel
Founding Sysop

Location: In Connecticut, on the Housatonic River near its mouth at Long Island Sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene
I think squirrels are adorable, but my dogs think they are lunch.

There are a couple of albino squirrels on our block, but so far I haven't been able to get any good photos of them. They are more cautious than the gray squirrels, who will come up to us and beg (if the dogs aren't around!).
I have never encountered albino squirrels, but when we bought our loft in SoHo in 1972 we found a colony of albino cockroaches!

Even more unnerving than the regular kind.

Old 02-27-2005, 01:14 PM   #10
terrie
Staff

>>annew: ROFLMAO!

I just *love* the story...'-}}

Terrie