DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Images

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #2
ElyseC
Sysop Emeritus

Make sure your mode is set to grayscale, then with white (or your paper color) set as your foreground color use the gradient tool set to "foreground to transparent" to fill your image from right to as far as you want it to go on the left. If you zoom out so you see Photoshop's gray "pasteboard" (don't know what it's really called), you can start your gradient fill out there to control just how opaque the color displays on the right side of your image.

The "foreground to transparent" gradient option is what comes up as the default for that tool in my Photoshop CS, but I don't know whether that's because that's the last gradient I used whenever I used it or if it's the factory default. You can check it out, though, by looking at the item second from the left in tool bar running across the top of Photoshop's interface. Mine shows solid white left graduating to transparent right.