Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Business Matters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2006, 11:36 PM   #1
marlene
Staff

Default CD storage systems

I'm reviving an old topic.

I archive my job files onto CDs, and it's really getting out of hand. At this point I have over 20 plastic shoeboxes full of CDs, and no more space for them. All the shelves and bookcases (and the top of the file cabinet) are piled up with them. And it's hard to stack them because the CDs are too tall for the boxes (lids won't fit).

I do have a couple of big CD binders, but I just can't become enamored with them. I find it easier to flip through a box of CDs, pull out the jewel cases I need, and put the CDs back in the cases when I'm done retrieving the files. With the binders, I'd need to keep them handy to re-file the CDs, and there's no room on my desk -- the binder have to go right back up on the shelves.

What I think I'd like is some kind of free-standing storage unit, with drawers so I can flip through the CDs (just seeing the spines is no good, since these are the skinny jewel cases and there's nothing on the spines), preferably on wheels. It would need to accommodate hundreds of CDs (I've got over 450 CDs just for one client).

Any suggestions?

mxh
marlene is offline   Reply With Quote