DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2006, 07:27 AM   #1
Rik Bean

Default Sound familiar?

“I went to the doctor yesterday and have been diagnosed with AAADD, Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests itself. I need to wash my car. As I start towards the garage I notice there’s mail on the hall table. I decide to go through it before washing the car. I put my keys on the table, put the junk mail in the bin and notice that this bin is full so I put the bills back on the table to take out the bin.

But then I think that, since I’m near the post-box when I take out the bin, I might as well pay the bills first. I take my cheque book off the table and see that there is only one cheque left so I go to my desk in the study where I find a bottle of coke I’d been drinking.

I’m about to look for my new cheque book when I notice that the coke is warm so I decide to put it in the fridge.

I head towards the kitchen when a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye — they need water. As I put down the coke on the counter I notice my glasses, which I have been looking for all morning.

I decide I had better take them back to my desk but first must water the flowers, so I fill a jug of water. Then I spot the TV remote on the kitchen table. Tonight when we go to watch TV we’ll be looking for it so I decide to take it back to the TV room, but first I must water the flowers.

I splash some water on them but some spills on the floor. So I put the remote down to wipe up the spill. Then I head for the hall trying to remember what I was trying to do.

Now it’s the end of the day — the car isn’t washed, the bills aren’t paid, there’s a warm bottle of coke on the counter, the flowers aren’t watered, there’s only one cheque in the book, I can’t find the remote or my glasses and I don’t know what I did with the car keys.

I try to work out why nothing got done today and I’m baffled because I’ve been busy and now I’m really tired. I realise this is a problem and I’ll try to get some help. But first I must check my emails!”

Ah, those 'senior' moments.

Rik
Rik Bean is offline   Reply With Quote