DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Production & Automation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2005, 02:32 PM   #1
The Drawing Room

Default Help! My Worst Nightmare

It finally happened. I just finished a 12-page newsletter, made a PDF, caught one little error while reading the PDF with PageMaker and the file running in the background.

When I tried to Save the file after making the correction, the little "clock" kept running and running, something I've seen before. After a few minutes I tried to Force Quit, couldn't, and pressed the light on the flat-screen monitor to turn off the computer.

After starting up again, I clicked on the newsletter file icon and got message it couldn't be opened. Error 8901:20515. Another try gave me "Generic level 1 problem." It has something to do with "bad links".

I know of no way to fix the file. What I would like to know is if the printer (person, not my printer) can possibly print it out using the PDF file. I'll call in the a.m. of course, but am looking for any possible ideas from anyone here. I did manage to print out a copy from the PDF.

The problem is, of course, that the front and back covers are in color, as well as pages 6 and 7 of this issue. The rest is black. The printer has been printing out the covers on a color copier.

Barbara
The Drawing Room is offline   Reply With Quote