DTP


 
Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web


Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2005, 12:55 PM   #1
annc
Sysop
 
annc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea
Posts: 4,434
Default Real or fake?

Take the Real or Fake quiz on this page and see how gullible you are.

   
__________________
annc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:08 PM   #2
terrie
Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 8,919
Default

That was fun...got a 94%...

Terrie

PS...took me a bit to realize that after you click on your choice, the "correct/incorrect" response to the previous image is above the next image to display...
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:18 PM   #3
annc
Sysop
 
annc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea
Posts: 4,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie
That was fun...got a 94%...

Terrie

PS...took me a bit to realize that after you click on your choice, the "correct/incorrect" response to the previous image is above the next image to display...
Yeah, it took me a while to find that - my first incorrect answer, in fact.

I got 60%. <g>

Did you recognise the last image? It was the one that was circulating (even came in here) a few months ago. It solves Don's steering wheel puzzle.

And the shark attacks helicopter one, too.

   
__________________
annc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:29 PM   #4
terrie
Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 8,919
Default

>>annc: Did you recognise the last image? It was the one that was circulating (even came in here) a few months ago. It solves Don's steering wheel puzzle.

No...I didn't recognize it at all...


>>And the shark attacks helicopter one, too.

That one was just wayyy tooo fake looking...the shark was toooo big...

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:21 PM   #5
annc
Sysop
 
annc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea
Posts: 4,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie
>>And the shark attacks helicopter one, too.

That one was just wayyy tooo fake looking...the shark was toooo big...
Yes, I picked it the first time I saw it.

Some of the doctored images had been done quite amateurishly in Photoshop, too.

   
__________________
annc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 06:31 PM   #6
Susie
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annc
I got 60%. <g>
I feel better! I got 60% too. Does that make us gullible?

Susie

   
__________________
Susie
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 06:53 PM   #7
annc
Sysop
 
annc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea
Posts: 4,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie
I feel better! I got 60% too. Does that make us gullible?

Susie
I don't think so, because I at least had most of my errors in the ones that were real.

   
__________________
annc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:04 AM   #8
ktinkel
Founding Sysop
 
ktinkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In Connecticut, on the Housatonic River near its mouth at Long Island Sound.
Posts: 11,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annc
I don't think so, because I at least had most of my errors in the ones that were real.
I did worst of all (those who said, anyway) — 51%. Got an admonishment to practice more.

And I too had errors mostly by thinking the real ones were fake. The only way I feel gullible is in taking the test! <g>

   
__________________
[SIZE=2][COLOR=LemonChiffon]::[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ktinkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 01:37 PM   #9
ElyseC
Sysop Emeritus
 
ElyseC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: southeastern Iowa, in the technology corridor
Posts: 2,190
Default

OK, I got 83%. That worm and eye image was pretty icky. On that one I hurried to pick an answer, mostly so I could get past it and get something else on screen quickly! <gag>

   
__________________
Elyse
ElyseC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 05:41 PM   #10
annc
Sysop
 
annc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea
Posts: 4,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElyseC
OK, I got 83%. That worm and eye image was pretty icky. On that one I hurried to pick an answer, mostly so I could get past it and get something else on screen quickly! <gag>
Gee, I thought you enjoyed those sorts of things! ;-)

   
__________________
annc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Adobe app for real? ktinkel Software 19 01-10-2006 06:27 AM
“Real type” on the web ktinkel Web Site Building & Maintenance 9 04-07-2005 07:33 AM
For real? Paul How to Use the Forum 6 02-08-2005 07:00 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Contents copyright 2004–2014 Desktop Publishing Forum and its members.