DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Old 11-17-2015, 02:21 PM   #31
reddwarf4ever

I am so pleased it seemed to work out ok..

tried shutup10....

so very easy to disable all the W10 data mining settings....

take care

Keith
reddwarf4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:04 PM   #32
terrie
Staff

Quote:
keith: so very easy to disable all the W10 data mining settings....
Good! I'm glad it's working well for you. They seem to be right on top of updating it regularly keeping up with whatever mischief Microsoft is up to...'-}}

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:28 PM   #33
terrie
Staff

Just a quick note that I have re-edited and updated the original post in this thread. In doublechecking the links, I discovered--much to my horror--that the embedded link to the Windows Enabler application now leads to a malware site.

Fortunately, I was able to find a new link to the app (at softpedia.com) which when downloaded and scanned with both Malwarebytes Antimalware and my antivirus software, scanned clean. I've also updated the PDF (fixing the links in it also).

I have an email in to the owner of the blog I had also referenced which had nice screenshots of the Windows Enabler app because the links in his blog are also no longer valid. I have asked him to update his links and when he does, I'll add his link back in.

Terrie
Old 02-12-2016, 11:05 PM   #34
terrie
Staff

The owner of the blog referenced in the last "Note:" entry--the blog entry has screen shots of the "Windows Enabler" application--has updated the links to the "Windows Enabler" software to the softpedia.com download so I have updated the first post and the PDF has also been updated.

Terrie
Old 11-01-2016, 12:46 PM   #35
kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie View Post
The owner of the blog referenced in the last "Note:" entry--the blog entry has screen shots of the "Windows Enabler" application--has updated the links to the "Windows Enabler" software to the softpedia.com download so I have updated the first post and the PDF has also been updated.

Terrie
Terrie:

Good afternoon. First off, I want to thank you for posting your solution, it is exactly what I was trying to accomplish. The approach Microsoft proposes to fix a corrupted profile is not what I am trying to do. That said, I found your steps, but received the message "You have been logged in with a temporary profile, etc...." Any idea why? Be Blessed
kelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:55 PM   #36
terrie
Staff

Quote:
kelvin: but received the message "You have been logged in with a temporary profile, etc...." Any idea why?
No...but if you could outline exactly where you were in the process when you received the message, I might be able to figure it out.

Also, which version of Windows?

Terrie

Last edited by terrie; 11-03-2016 at 01:16 PM. Reason: fix a typo
Old 11-03-2016, 07:20 PM   #37
kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie View Post
No...but if you could outline exactly where you were in the process when you received the message, I might be able to figure it out.

Also, which version of Windows?

Terrie
Terrie:

I went through the entire process in your directions and when I entered into the newly created profile, that's when I receive that notification. I am using Win 7 Ultimate. Be Blessed
kelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:57 PM   #38
terrie
Staff

I did a bit of research yesterday and basically, the error message indicates that the profile is corrupted.

You might want to read through How to Fix the Error "Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with a temporary profile." in Vista and Windows 7 as there is quite a bit of useful info there and you may be able to recover the problematic user profile.

If you can't recover the problematic user profile using the info from the above link, the next question is, which user profile is giving you the error? If it's the newly duplicated user profile, then try logging in to the original user profile--the one that you were copying, the originating-userprofile. If that is successful, I'd suggest trying the process again from the beginning.

That is, create 2 new Admin-level user profiles, reboot, log in to the first new profile to establish is properly, reboot, log in to the second new profile to establish is properly. Decide which one of the new Admin-level user profiles will be your working-userprofile and work from Step III in the process. If everything goes well, then you can later delete the other two user profiles you had created when you tried the process the first time.

Hope that helps...let me know how it goes...

Terrie