DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Hardware & Gadgets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2015, 08:47 PM   #6
terrie
Sysop

Quote:
molly: What I really didn't like was that there were a number of complaints about dust and debris on the underside of the glass RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.
I didn't have that problem. One thing you might do, is to check and see if there are any Epson authorized repair shops near you--mine was still under (an extended) warranty when I noticed the underside was dirty and fortunately, there was an authorized repair place about 10 minutes from my house so I just took it in there. The shop owner was really nice and let me watch him (closely) as unscrewed the screws and cleaned the glass. I made notes when I got home...'-}}

I've only had to clean the glass one other time and as I mentioned that was a number of years after the 1st cleaning...

>>I got hooked on scanning the boxes and boxes of letters, photos, receipts, cards, programs, and I don't know what all that my dear Aunt Charlotte saved -- some hers some from back into the 1870's.

That sounds really cool! I was scanning some old family photographs and also pulled out the handwritten portions from the photos and then twiddled with them in Photoshop to make them more legible--if you scroll down a a bit on this page, you can see them.

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote