DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Old 10-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
Franca
Staff

Default Festering Firefox Frustration. Phooey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annc View Post
That was my experience in the relatively recent past, so it will be interesting to find out how you like the latest version.
Well, I hate it, but now for a completely different reason. Every time I open Firefox now, I get this error message:
evalInSandbox:Error: Permission denied for <https://facebook.com> to create wrapper for object of class UnnamedClass
Not just once, but multiple times. And I cannot continue without dismissing each error window individually. Four of them last time I opened Firefox. Chrome has never done this. What the heck does it even mean?? I have closed the only tab that had anything to do with Facebook and I've cleared my cache. Any idea what's going on and/or how to fix it?

Franca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
terrie
Staff

Try this:
"The problem went away when I upgraded SocialFixer (and Ghostery, which was another automatic upgrade). Between auto-upgrades of add-ons and FireFox itself, it's hard sometimes to maintain control of what changes are related to what possible new problxxxx features. :-) "

From mozilla support...

Or this:
"hello, update your social fixer addon - this should address the issue: http://socialfixer.com/blog/category/releasenotes/ "

also from mozilla support...'-}}

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
annc
Sysop

Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie View Post
Try this:
"The problem went away when I upgraded SocialFixer (and Ghostery, which was another automatic upgrade). Between auto-upgrades of add-ons and FireFox itself, it's hard sometimes to maintain control of what changes are related to what possible new problxxxx features. :-) "

From mozilla support...

Or this:
"hello, update your social fixer addon - this should address the issue: http://socialfixer.com/blog/category/releasenotes/ "

also from mozilla support...'-}}
I wonder if it's a Windows-only problem; I've had no problems with Firefox, and haven't upgraded social fixer for a year or longer.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
terrie
Staff

Quote:
ann: I wonder if it's a Windows-only problem
Could well be...I just plugged in the first part of the error message with no O/S indicator...

Terrie
Old 10-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
Franca
Staff

Thanks, Terrie - Social Fixer has been updating itself automatically for quite some time but it's possible that the version in Firefox is too old. I'll check it out when I have more time and patience than I've got right now.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
terrie
Staff

Quote:
franca: it's possible that the version in Firefox is too old
Ahhh...I figured after the earlier discussion on some of FF's new features that you'd updated your version. Both the links I ref'd were fairly recent--May and June of this year...

Terrie
Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #7
Franca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie View Post
Ahhh...I figured after the earlier discussion on some of FF's new features that you'd updated your version. Both the links I ref'd were fairly recent--May and June of this year...
Yes, my version of FF is new but the version of Social Fixer (SFX) installed in FF is probably very old now because I haven't used Firefox in so long. I was thinking that the version of SFX I have in Firefox may actually predate the addition of the auto-update feature so it may be something of an archaeological relic. Don't know ... but there will be a new SFX update coming out very soon - tomorrow I think - so I'm not going to bother trying to figure out how to update it till then.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
terrie
Staff

Quote:
franca: Yes, my version of FF is new but the version of Social Fixer (SFX) installed in FF is probably very old now because I haven't used Firefox in so long.
Ahhhh...gotcha...hope the new version does the trick...

Terrie