DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Old 01-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
Andrew B.
Staff

Default Free Red Paw Media plugins

All Red Paw Media plugins are now free. Be sure to try their bleach bypass plugin.

http://www.redpawmedia.com/

FYI
http://www.desktoppublishingforum.co...read.php?t=747

http://www.desktoppublishingforum.co...ead.php?t=3163

Old 01-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
iamback

Hmm - some of these actually look interesting (although the 'Beautifier' is more of an 'Uglyfier' with all of the originals shown more interesting that the processed results).

I've actually tried one or more of their plugins before (I recognize the logo). Any idea why they're now giving all of these away (as opposed to 'some' as the FAQ refers to)? Are they making enough from ads?

Anyway, off to download... (I have a ton of plugins, including a few I actually paid for, but I normally use only a tiny fraction of them... mostly, I like trying them out. )

UPDATE
Indeed, I had a bunch of bookmarks (description pages) and downloads (all 2005/2006 - probably ones that were free already then). I downloaded what they have available now - file sizes are all different, so these are likely updated versions.

But interestingly, though, I also have a bookmark (but not a download) for B&W Pro 2 and although the page header says 'all free', the content says this costs "just $29.95!" - but it is neither for sale nor available as a download now. Since I bookmarked it, I was interested in it even 6 years ago, and from that page it still looks interesting to me - any idea why this isn't available any more?

Last edited by iamback; 01-11-2012 at 12:43 PM.
iamback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Andrew B.
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
Hmm - some of these actually look interesting (although the 'Beautifier' is more of an 'Uglyfier' with all of the originals shown more interesting that the processed results).
It worked nicely on a photo I tested.

Quote:
But interestingly, though, I also have a bookmark (but not a download) for B&W Pro 2 and although the page header says 'all free', the content says this costs "just $29.95!" - but it is neither for sale nor available as a download now. Since I bookmarked it, I was interested in it even 6 years ago, and from that page it still looks interesting to me - any idea why this isn't available any more?
Interesting. I was wondering what happened to his B&W filter. Maybe you could hit the contact button and ask him about this. He also had a grad filter.

Last edited by Andrew B.; 01-11-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Andrew B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
iamback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew B. View Post
He also had a grad filter.
Indeed - but that was something I had downloaded (October 2006), and while there still is a download link on that page (and a price!) the filter apparently hasn't been updated: I tried downloading again and the files are identical. The filter itself says it's an evaluation version, and outputs a superimposed grid pattern.

Last edited by iamback; 01-11-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:20 AM   #5
iamback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew B. View Post
Interesting. I was wondering what happened to his B&W filter. Maybe you could hit the contact button and ask him about this. He also had a grad filter.
Done. (With a suggestion to jump in here. )