DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Site Building & Maintenance

Old 01-27-2006, 09:12 AM   #1
Kelvyn
Staff

Default PHP and CSS cheat sheets

I came across a useful PHP cheat sheet on ilovejackdaniels.com today which I reckon will be a handy aid for my failing memory. Also on the same site are cheat sheets for other areas of web site creation including a well laid out one on CSS. I have not yet checked for errors and omissions ....

Web site design, hosting and marketing, Keswick in the UK Lake District

If you are planning a visit to Keswick then try Keswick Tourist Information website

Kelvyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:40 AM   #2
iamback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvyn
I came across a useful PHP cheat sheet...
My favorite PHP "cheat sheet" is simply the PHP online documentation - one of the best online documentation systems there are! If you know a function name, just use "http://php.net/function_name" to look it up: it will redirect automatically to the mirror nearest you, and shortcut to the actual function description link (that's also the way to link to function docs: always leave out the server name but just use php.net!); the best thing about their docs are the user comments - a lot of little gems there. If you don't know the name of a function or statement, simply use the search and it will be found. Everything is there - literally.

CSS now... I wish there were a system like PHP's docs, easy to find, easy to search, with user comments. failing that, my next best thing is simlpy the inside covers of Bos & Lie 2nd ed. (I looked in the 3rd and wasn't convinced enough to buy it...).

iamback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:01 PM   #3
ktinkel
Founding Sysop

Location: In Connecticut, on the Housatonic River near its mouth at Long Island Sound.

Quote:
I came across a useful PHP cheat sheet on ilovejackdaniels.com today …
You wouldn’t expect it from the site name, but there are quite a few useful-looking references there. And the place is clearly organized, mirabile dictu!

I was looking at some sites on Mozart and Ben Franklin today. Boy, oh boy! What messes many of them are. Maroon background with gold ink is my personal favorite design theme.

Old 01-28-2006, 08:56 AM   #4
dthomsen8

Default Ben Franklin, Philadelphian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktinkel
You wouldn’t expect it from the site name, but there are quite a few useful-looking references there. And the place is clearly organized, mirabile dictu!

I was looking at some sites on Mozart and Ben Franklin today. Boy, oh boy! What messes many of them are. Maroon background with gold ink is my personal favorite design theme.
For those who don't know, Ben Franklin's 300th birthday was January 17. It also was my wife's birthday. I would say that Benjamin Franklin is the most famous Philadelphian ever, and probably the most famous American during and after the Revolutionary War.
dthomsen8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:57 AM   #5
dthomsen8

Default I like them!

Kelvyn,

Thank you for the link. I like them. I downloaded the CSS, PHP, and HTML Characters cheat sheets right away.

David

Quote:
I came across a useful PHP cheat sheet on ilovejackdaniels.com today which I reckon will be a handy aid for my failing memory. Also on the same site are cheat sheets for other areas of web site creation including a well laid out one on CSS. I have not yet checked for errors and omissions ....
dthomsen8 is offline   Reply With Quote